Sunday, July 19, 2015

Easy home-made orange-carrot-beetroot juice

By Akwe Mabs

In my attempt to break  away from some old eating habits and adopt new and healthier ones , I have decided to completely cut out sodas and to replace them with natural home-made juices.

This implies that my entire household would have to be part of this move!

Sometimes it is a struggle getting especially the kids  to accept some of these natural fruits  juice combinations. I am not giving it up.

Healthier is better, I often tell them. Try , try and try and soon you will get used to it. I think we are making progress. I will be happy to share some of my juice recipes here on my blog, as I go along.
Akwe's orange-carrot-beetroot juice


*Orange-carrot-beetroot juice
To make two glasses of this juice, here is what you need.

2 large oranges
5 medium sized carrots
1 large beetroot.
*Juice machine

Preparation;
Wash thoroughly. Peel  the beetroot, slice and juice . Do same with the carrots.
 Cut each orange into two parts, then use the manual orange squeezer to squeeze the juice from the orange. Mix with the carrot and beetroot juice, stir and serve immediately. You could  also keep it in the fridge for a  short while before serving.

Yeahh! you 've got yourself two glasses of healthy  home-made orange-carrot-beetroot juice. Enjoy!

The health benefits of beetroots are many; high in fiber , excellent source of  folic acid and helps  to increase body stamina. Beetroot is low in fat and full of vitamins.
Beetroot

Carrot juice is very nutritious and contains beta-carotene, a good source of potassium and vitamin A.
Read more from hereImage result for free images of carrots


No comments:

Post a Comment

Akwe's Cuisine