Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cookies! My First Attempt !

Posted by Akwe Mabs

I always wanted to bake cookies but never really did, perhaps because I often felt it was easier to grab a packet of cookies from the nearby grocery store than bake.


I finally decided to give it a try one Saturday morning. Thanks to the Internet I googled in and out 'how to bake cookies'! I was amazed at the world of information, recipes and videos I came across. From the lots I was able to pick up something !

Here's what I put in my home made cookies
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 table spoon orange juice
  • 1 table spoon vanilla / plus nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

I combined the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and beat till creamy.Then I added the flour , baking powder, the orange juice, vanilla/ nutmeg and mixed well. I divided my dough into 3 portions, wrapped each in a plastic food wrap and kept in the refrigerator for 2 hours. After two hours I took out the dough (one portion at a time) rolled out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.Then I cut ( oh my! I didn't have a cookie cutter so I used a plastic cup to cut out and shape the cookies), then I placed them on the cookies sheet and baked for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven(400°F about 200° C) . I loved the cookies, my family too! But we had better watch out not to eat so much of it given that cookies could add on our weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Akwe's Cuisine