Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Eggs!

Posted by Akwe Mabs

I had been thinking of what special treat I was going to give my daughter for Easter when we got an invitation to attend an Easter Egg hunt.

I had never seen as many eggs like that before! I could hardly count the number of trays that were on display. Some were hard-boiled eggs(ready for colouring) and others were toy eggs(to be used during the egg race).

The kids came with little baskets all ready & excited to hunt as well as decorate as many Easter Eggs as possible.

I had a great time watching the kids enjoy the Easter event. I equally learnt how to decorate Easter eggs. I tried it at home and it worked!

*Here's what you need
-hard boiled eggs(5-10)

-food colouring (10-15 drops)

-boiled water (1/3 per cup)

-vinegar (1 teaspoon)

-vegetable oil(1/4-optional)

*Mix and pour the mixture into 2 different cups. Lower eggs carefully into each cup ,turn around then remove using a soup/table spoon.When eggs are soaked for a longer time the colour becomes darker. Live to dry. You can also add other decorations or paint the eggs .





No comments:

Post a Comment

Akwe's Cuisine