Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fruit Cocktail: How about this ?


Posted by Akwe Mabs

I wanted a Sunday morning with a variety of fruits for breakfast. That's how I figured it would be better to do a fruit cocktail with the different fruits I had at home knowing that some of my favourite fruits like paw-paw, grapes and watermelon are kind of rare to find in my area at this time. So I used the following:

  • 3 small apples(green)
  • 1/2 pineapple

  • 2 oranges

  • 6 large straw berries

  • 1 large mango

  • 2 pears

  • 1 lime

  • 2 drops of strawberry flavour
I washed, peeled and diced the pineapple, mango, 1 apple, 1 pear & 1 orange.

Similarly, I diced the remaining 2 apples plus 1 pear & the strawberries (unpeeled).

I squeezed the lime and 1 orange, poured the juice into the bowl of fruit, added 2 drops of strawberry flavour & stirred.

I chilled it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes while I cleaned up the kitchen.

Once on the table the fruit cocktail tasted sooooooo good!
What a Sunday morning treat I gave myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Akwe's Cuisine